- Young swimmers, starting small to become the Water World Swim Mavericks!
- Year round
- Meet at Aquatic Park at Hyde and Jefferson
Guidelines for joining the New Waves
It is advised that minors come to our sessions at Aquatic Park before any Bay open water swim event, to determine if the minors are capable of swimming.
You can bring your son/daughter to any of our sessions on either Sunday at 10:00 a.m. (March - Sept) or Thursday 6:00 p.m. at Aquatic Park and request an appointment with Coach Noelle Christensen or Coach Jake Glodowski to have your son/daughter evaluated. This first session is at a special fee of $35.00. If after the this first evaluating session, you wish to have your son/daughter coached privately in the Bay, he/she can join the New Waves Team (Water World Swimmers under 18 years old) otherwise until be able to swim with the rest of the team he/she may take private lessons by any of our certified coaches, and the cost is $75.00 per hour.
The coach will not only give them special instructions at the first session but also will evaluate the level of your son/daughter to prepare them properly for the longer distance swims.
When joining Water World Swim New Waves, or to participate in any of Water World Swim, LLC, minors must provide the following documents:
- The Waiver and Non-harmless document filled and signed by a parent or guardian. Please remember that swimmers with no waivers will not be allowed to swim.
- Copy of any document with Proof of their age (Birth Certificate, School document or Passport)
- A letter from either parent or guardian, authorizing their child to participate in this kind of sport. They must state that they are fully aware of the risks stated on the waiver about this activity.
- Young swimmer's proof of Hospital or health insurance.
- A letter from a certified swimming coach or certified life guard, stating the minor's swimming capabilities. It must state the minor's level of swimming or training before transitioning to open water swimming.
All swimmers must bring a waiver filled and signed to the first swimmer session or to be sent via fax (phone 415-236-6185) at least 12 hours before any swim or event. Please provide any medical condition you may have and if you have medical or hospital insurance.
New Waves 2012-13