Race Day Details
Check-in and Swim Briefing
- AUGUST 9. 2014
- Jump Time : 7:30 a.m. - Meeting 6:15 a.m. 7:00 am.(boarding)
- 6:45 a.m on Race Day- Sports Basement 8/8/14 4:00 p.m.-6:00 pm
- Sports Basement is housed in the old Presidio Commissary building and carries just about everything you need for hiking, biking, running, skiing, camping and all things outdoors. They have a huge selection of popular, name brands at 30-60% below retail. Sports Basement will be providing snacks and a 10% discount for all attendees.
- Please bring a photo i.d. to the swim check-in. All swimmers will be given an official swim cap marked with their number, a T-shirt, Mack's Earplugs, and will be marked with a number on their right hand. The swim briefing at Sports Basement will be the only official briefing for the swimmers participating. If the swimmer does not attend either the check-in or the briefing, Water World Swim, LLC will not be responsible for misinformation in case the swimmer is disqualified during Saturday's event. There will be a race morning check-in for previously authorized swimmers, but no official information will be given at the check-in and therefore, WWS will not be responsible for any misinformation.
Race Day Itinerary
- Check-in starts at Fisherman Wharf- Jefferson and Jones St.
- 6:50 a.m.
- Check-in closes
- Swimmers board assigned boat
- 7:30 a.m.
- Swimmers begin swim south of the south tower of the GG Bridge
Please board the boat ready to swim and limit your gear to one bag for your towel, warm clothes, and a warm drink. The Boat will return to Hyde St. Pier after the race. Please refrain from bringing extra large bags or backpacks. Water World Swim, the Boat company, or pilots are not responsible for lost items after the swim completion.
Passengers are allowed on board, but they must also check-in before boarding. Passengers accompanying swimmers, can bring or are advised to bring, warm clothes, their favorite warm drink, and blankets for the swimmer once they board back onto the boat for the return to port. Please, During the swim or competition: ALL Passengers must refrain from talking to boat personnel, WWS officials or coaches or request special information about their swimmer, or request special treatment for their swimmer participating in this event.
Passenger Fee: $ 55.00 (children under 7 are free)
Please Note: For fairness to all of the competitors, any swimmer requesting special attention or help without being an actual emergency, could be penalized up to two minutes if the swimmer has placed among the top 10 finishers. There will be no discussions about these penalties until the race has been completed. Sorry, but there are no exceptions.
Once the ferry is in position and we have been given the Ok to jump. all swimmers jump in the water and advance to a line of kayakers to wait for the horn of the start of the swim.